Bathing your cat: could giving your cat a bath be fun and games?
Credit to Ravioli and IamMoshow. Follow them on Twitter https://twitter.com/iammoshow
Bathing Your Cat
You might be thinking that I am crazy for suggesting to bathe your cat because they are notoriously prissy and clean. There may be times when this is essential, for instance, if your cat’s coat becomes contaminated with oil or grease. Show cats owners also bathe their felines regularly, usually a few days before the show.
Not all kitties are as chill as Ravioli so you will need a special cat bath or a large bowl. You might also need to enlist the aid of an assistant to help you keep your cat calm and reassure him during his bath.
Make sure you get everything ready beforehand with the shampoo, towels, pitcher for rinsing within easy reach.
Cat Bathing equipment:
- Cat shampoo
- Cat bath or large bowl
- Soft cloth
How To Give Your Cat A bath:
- Fill the cat bath with about 4 inches of warm water and test the temperature.
- Lift your cat firmly into the bath.
- Wet your cat with a little shampoo mixed with water from the neck downward using a pitcher.
- Gently massage the shampoo into your cat’s coat. Make sure not to get any soap into his eyes or ears.
- Rinse your cat, using plenty of warm water so all traces of soap can be removed.
- Lift your cat out of the cat bath and wrap him in a large warm towel. Dry him off.
- With a soft, damp cloth, wipe gently around the cat’s eyes and nose.
- Dry your long-haired cat with a hair dryer (if he is not too frightened).
- Brush your cat gently while you hold the dryer at a safe distance.
This is it! All that is left to do now is write a song about giving your cat a bath. Happy Caturday!
Follow me on FB
- Cat Behavior
- Cat’s Destructive Behavior
- Curbing Cat Aggression
- Cat Furniture
- A Cat Condo Can Keep Your Cat Off The Furniture
- Cat Grooming
- Cat Dental Care
- Bathing Your Cat
- Cat Toys
- Cat Toys For Indoor Cats
- How To Make Cat Toys
- contact us.