How to Help Cats with Allergies
Humans have some mighty powerful allergies, and dogs and cats can have them too. Dogs and cats just seem to itch and itch due to allergies. You can soothe the itch for your fur baby by following a few helpful tips. How To Help Cats with Allergies
Help your cat get some allergy relief.
1. Cool water really does take the itch away for humans, and it does the same for dogs and cats. A bath in cool water sure does help our pets relieve that itchiness. How To Help Cats with Allergies
2. Itchy pet skin responds well to a bath with oatmeal. You can purchase an oatmeal bath shampoo for pets at your local pet store, or you can purchase a product online. Soothe Oatmeal Pet Shampoo ™ (16 fl oz) is a great one to use.
3. Your veterinarian can supply you with antihistamines meant for your pup or kitty.
5. You can purchase fatty-acid supplements at pets stores or online to relieve the itch for your dog or cat or your veterinarian can supply you with the supplements.
6. Hardwood floors, tile floors, or vinyl floors do not hold all the dust and pollen particles that cause your pets itching and are easy to wipe clean. However, those darn rugs, carpets, and upholstered furniture just hang on tight to pollen and dust. Keep your itchy fur baby in rooms that have floors free of carpeting and upholstered furniture.
7. When all things in a home are clean as can be, then the less itchy your pet will be. How To Help Cats with Allergies
8. Sure, cat owners want a cat litter that has a nice scent to it, but that added fragrance can really kick up a cat or dogs allergies big time. Also, the dust from the litter that is floating around the house can cause allergic reactions in pets. Go for the unscented and dust-free litters.